The Leadership Corvallis Community Service Project Committee is looking for small-group volunteer opportunities for our Leadership Corvallis participants.
- Submit your project by filling out our online form or
- Download the project proposal and submit via email to our Community Service Project Committee.
Part of the Leadership Corvallis experience is practicing community leadership in a volunteer setting through community service projects, so we are reaching out to local nonprofit and government agencies asking for proposals. Our goal is to provide class members with volunteer opportunities that will meet the immediate needs of local organizations.
Do you have a project idea, but not the bandwidth? Are you in need of outside-the-box creative thinking? Do you want to create an annual event, and need help getting it started? Are you looking for ways to increase the visibility of your organization?
Some things to keep in mind:
- We are asking each of our participants to commit to a minimum of 4 hours of volunteer time, but many will make themselves available for more.
- Ideally, your opportunity would engage 5 – 6 of our class members (our usual class size is 28), but other group sizes will be considered.
- The project committee is able to work with you on a project starting in October and it must be completed by May.
- Class members should not be expected to fundraise or solicit as part of the project. If anyone chooses to do so, it is as a representative of your organization.
- Our class members are professionals with a variety of work experience. Past class members have included experienced leaders with skills in facilitation, marketing, accounting, computing, teaching, event planning, healthcare and more. So if you have a professional issue you’d like some help addressing we may have the expertise to help. On the other hand, class members want to contribute wherever you need the most help and frequently enjoy physical work, so submit those types of projects as well.
Proposals must be received by August 15 for full consideration.
Other proposals submitted by August 22 may also be considered, depending on application volume. If you have more than one project or opportunity, please use a separate form for each. You may submit as many proposals as you’d like.
If your project is selected, we would like a liaison from your agency to join us the afternoon of the October class to introduce your organization, explain the project and answer any questions class participants may have.
This is an opportunity to introduce your organization to emerging leaders in the community. If you have any questions about this process, please feel free to contact us at LCCommService@gmail.com.