Leadership Corvallis returns for its 31st year this fall with a class of 25 starting a 10-month exploration of the inner workings of the greater Corvallis community.
Class members will learn about the processes, agencies, institutions, and the people behind them that make the greater Corvallis community function and thrive.
“We’re excited to kick off the 31st year of Leadership Corvallis,” said Chris Quaka, president of Leadership Corvallis. “I am truly thankful to the countless volunteers who make the program a great experience for participants year after year. This year’s class is ready to learn more about our community and how they can expand their knowledge of this great city!”
The class meets the second Thursday of each month with a different theme each month. Themes include government services, economic vitality, health care, human services, arts, education, and natural resources. Sessions include mixed panel discussions, interactive activities, and field trips to spots around the community.
Those interested in taking part in future Leadership Corvallis classes should reach out to Melissa Carter-Goodrum, Leadership Corvallis recruitment committee chair, at email@example.com.
Since its inception in 1993, more than 600 people have graduated from Leadership Corvallis.
The Leadership Corvallis class of 2024 is:
- Jamie Andresen, Cudo Financial Inc.
- Lily Bender, Linn-Benton Community College
- Christel Birdwell, city of Corvallis, Majestic Theatre
- Tara Gholson, city of Corvallis, Parks & Recreation
- Elisia Harder, The Reynolds Law Firm, PC
- Amy Hoover, Smith, Davison & Brasier, PC
- Zane Hylton, Collaborative Employment Innovations
- Angela Koning, self-employed
- Shelley Miller, Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- Eavie Philpott, Zoa Realty
- Kathi Phillpott, Citizens Bank
- Tyler Reece, Boys & Girls Club of Corvallis
- MaryNell Regan, self-employed
- Jeff Reilly, Redemption Church
- Steven Richmond, Squirrels Tavern
- Lily Schmidt, Greenbelt Land Trust
- Dasha Sereseva, Oregon State University, College of Business
- Julia Solarte, Cornerstone Associates, Inc.
- Lindsey Stallard, Corvallis Housing First
- Helga Stevens, full-time student
- Jared Thayer, Thayer Design Build
- Blossom Van Kinkle, The Reynolds Law Firm
- Heidi Weisel, City of Corvallis – Corvallis-Benton County Public Library
- Andrew Wolf, Boys & Girls Club of Corvallis
- Casandra Zosel, Valley Clinics