Twenty-eight area residents have been accepted into Leadership Corvallis, a 10-month program that equips citizens to take an active role in shaping community policy. Presentations, site tours and panel discussions educate participants about the institutions, agencies and processes that make Corvallis work.
The second Thursday of each month, participants gather for a daylong session covering one segment of community life in Corvallis in a curriculum keyed to Vision 2020, the city’s governing planning document.
This year’s curriculum covers human services and public safety, the central city and where people live, economic vitality, education, governing and civic involvement, health care, cultural enrichment and recreation, the environment and natural resources, and community leadership.
Tuition for the program, often paid by a sponsoring employer, is $550. Download an application for next year’s class.
The Leadership Corvallis Class of 2011 includes:
- Heidi Anderson, US Forest Service, Fish Biologist
- Emily Betts, Heartland Humane Society, Volunteer/Outreach Coordinator
- Kevin Bogatin, 509J Corvallis School District, Assistant Superintendent
- Maria Chavez-Haroldson, CASA Voices for Children, Executive Director
- Douglas Cochran, OSU, Career Services Director
- John Croy, Edward Jones, Financial Advisor
- Michelle Davis, OSU Alumni Association, Regional Network Director
- Joan Demarest, ASOSU Legal Advising Office, Attorney
- Greg Gerding, Willamette Neighborhood Housing Services, Micro Business Program Manager
- Dave Henderer, Henderer Design & Build, Owner
- Aileen Hood, Community Alliance for Diversity/OSU Rec. Sports, Director/Facilitator
- Pam Hood-Szivek, Corvallis Children’s Therapy, Occupational Therapist
- Ed Kruskamp, Boys & Girls Club of Corvallis, Resource Development Director
- Jessica Kneisel, Second Glance Annex, Store Manager
- Jeff Lesmeister, Business & Technology Consultant
- Roger Lizut, Retired
- Kenneth Ray Lowe, Jr., Community Outreach, Social Services Director
- Dan Mattson, ATS Oregon, Supply Chain Director
- Denise McCoy, The Little Gym, Owner
- Jessica McDonald, Greenbelt Land Trust, Director of Development
- Lauri Morris, Strands, Executive Assistant
- Jennifer Nitson, Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Public Relations/Marketing
- Dennis Pearson, CH2MHill, Associate Engineer – Structural
- Diana Rabago, Benton County Jail, Corrections Facility Manager, AIC Lt.
- Shawn Steiner, Corvallis Sport & Spine PT Clinic, Physical Therapist
- Elizabeth Westland, Van Buren Court, Owner
- Charlene Yager, The Corvallis Clinic, Patient Service Clinical Manager
- Kriste York, Inavale Community Partners, Board Member
For additional information, please contact:
President of the Board
Public Relations Committee Chair