by Curtis Wright, Class of 2007, President
This was a special year: our 20th Anniversary of Preparing Community Leaders.
In all the important ways, the year was much like those preceding it. The class was engaged and inspired. Our all-volunteer board, committees, day facilitation teams, and guest speakers continued to improve our program and strengthen our organization. We remain fiscally sound, and solidly positioned for the future.
This being our twentieth year, we did some special things to celebrate how far we’ve come, and reaffirm our commitment to promoting a dynamic, empowered community by preparing citizens for active participation and leadership.
- We introduced an updated logo (above), designed by Jeff Jimerson, Class of 2013. A clean and contemporary look, yet maintaining the symbolism readily recognizable as “Leadership Corvallis.”
- Todd Washington, Class of 2005, organized our anniversary year kickoff: “Leadership Corvallis Night at The Corvallis Knights,” a party for alumni, held on July 9, 2012. At the kickoff party, we introduced LC caps and LC tote bags for alumni.The LC tote bags were also given as thank you gifts to our class guest speakers, throughout this anniversary year.
- LC alumni participated in two anniversary year community service events: the United Way Day of Caring on September 21, 2012, and the Ag Expo Days on October 9-11, 2012.
- “Leadership Corvallis @20,” a retrospective written by Theresa Novak, Class of 2013, was included as part of the 2013 Yearbook.
- We expanded graduation to include a 20th Anniversary Gala on June 7, 2013. Coordinated by Committee Chairs Michelle Davis, Class of 2011
- Leadership Corvallis President’s Report for 2012-13, page 2 and Lacey McNeely, Class of 2010. The event was held at the Corvallis Country Club and included dining, dancing and general celebration. Alumni from most of the past 20 years were in attendance.